Do you love history and have a hilarious sense of humour? Awesome, us too.
We’re setting up a new competition to find the greatest history memes and funniest re-tellings of history on the planet. The winner gets £100!
Made From History loves memes about history and wants to create a load of its own. Last year we created How the Start of #WW1 Would Play Out on Twitter and unsurprisingly it was a big hit. Before that you might have seen If World War One Was a Bar Fight – probably the most successful history meme of all time. We didn’t make that one though, unfortunately.
Can you think of a funny comparison that people would love to share? How would you create it?
This contest is all about great ideas. If you think you’ve got one, put it in the submission box. Our judging criteria includes the following:
- Anything in history that can be cleverly explained through comparison.
- The likelihood of the meme being shared.
- The popularity of the subject matter.
- The simplicity of the idea.
- Your idea must be original – we will check this on every corner of the Interwebz!
- Brownie points for use of technology (like twitter / Whatsapp etc), but it doesn’t have to include it.
- Write your idea out as you see it visualised – If World War One Was a Bar Fight is essentially just a genius piece of writing.
- We will announce the winner on 6 March 2015.
Runner Up: £50
Both the winners and runner up entries will be published on Made From History and… hopefully… become famous because their work goes completely viral. It is quite likely they’ll get an offer from Simon Cowell to sing songs and earn millions.
The Form of Awesome Submissions:[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Terms and Conditions
- The deadline for entries is 6 March 2015 at 5pm.
- The competition must have 10 entrants by 6 March 2015 at 5pm to be valid.
- The winning entry is entirely down to the judge’s discretion.
- By submitting an entry you allow Made From History to use your idea, even if you don’t win.
- By submitting this form, you are giving Made From History permission to contact you in the future – but you can opt out of this communication at any time.
- The winner and runner up will be announced on Made From History on 11 March 2015.
- The winner and runner up will be contacted by email on 11 March 2015 and their prize money paid by 13 March 2015, subject to the winner’s response.
- The competition is subject to our regular competition terms and conditions.